This blog serves a purpose- to share my experiences, knowledge, travels, and personal views with my family, friends and also to rest of the world. Life has been a roller coaster of a ride so far, but the journey i have embarked on is certainly proving to be a great one. The article is no where near complete, therefore you are most welcomed to sail with me. Consider this my personal diary, opened to you. Enjoy the ride- of Life and its Beauty.

June 7, 2009

A Page from my Diary if i had one...

One of the things i would write in my personal diary if i had one...
Post exams...

Life can not be any better at this point.
This is already proving to be my best holidays so far, baring in mind that im just 2 days into a 4 month long holiday. The feeling is just great.

the library's front desk, loaded with good luck signs,
i found it to be very nice of them. :)

To have slaughted and worked soo hard for the exams, super hard, the hardest ive worked to date infact, going through torture over and over again, waking up to be subjected to the pain of sleepiness and knowing that the whole routine repeats in 24 hours as i wake up at 5 am after going to bed at 4am, hourly naps every 4 hours to keep the brain alive and going, is just too much to bare with.



And now, to sleep in to 12pm, under the sun as i love doing at home, to wake up and have the luxury of snoozing at 9 am, knowing that i dont have 4 lectures to be done in the next hour, nor having the guilt of an underproductive day where ive just done 4 out of the targeted 8 lectures the previous night, but instead to wake up and feel the summer hot sun on my skin, waking up to peace, of mind and physiq, to be able to pull up the blinds and stand for a few minutes stoning while admiring the weather, thinking that theres nothing to do, no books nor notes lying around the place over my bed, table, window panel, knowing that my day is not going to be another routined cycle i just completed a few hours ago as i went to bed, is simply magnificient. Who needs alcohol or drugs when you can get a 50x more stronger ecstasy feel after just by working hard through exams and then getting a break, a well deserved one too.

St.Stephens Green Park

well deserved i say because i know how much i've put in into this exams, i just pray that my effort pays off in 11 days time when the results are released. Previously, i used to not know what day or what date it was, and i still dont know, both for different reasons. A week ago, my mental calander worked by 8 lectures today, 9 lectures tmrw, 7 the next.....Full revision the final day and then the next day is exams, i used to keep the lectures to mark dates in my mind to lead to the exams, but now, i dont care what day or date it is, because i know theres still long time to go before i head home, and all i have to do now is just chill and break the routine in life, go for the extreme, explore what life has to offer, spend alone time, and savour the 4 months i have...

St.Stephens Green Park

Time has flewn, little can i realise that it has been Nine Long Months of 30 days average each, its hard to say ive left home that long, it still seems like it was last week i hugged paul, eu jhin, kah tuck, family and answered my farewell calls. But now, this whole hugging thing is gonna repeat, but now, as i touch down... time has flewn. Ive completed my first year. wow, i cant believe that myself. 1/5 just flew past That fast, im sure the remaining 4 will be likewise as well.

St.Stephens Green Park

For now, life is like, (to sum it up in short). To do whatever i feel like doing, whatever. I wanna go to the park, off i go, wanna go shopping, off i go, but before i leave, i feel like having a nap, so i do, on my way to buy dinner, i see a friend, and just go help him move house, and once i get there, i can just waste the hours away chilling with him, wanna chat with friends from home, so i do, wanna cook, so i do, wanna sleep an extra 4 hours, so i do. My will power and brain control is taking a well deserved vacation itself. Discipline goes out the window, i follow what my feelings says. It works on its own. People say, you control your feelings and dont let your feelings control you, but, i dont think its exactly true. You gotta live life to how its meant to be lived- Enjoyed and savoured. If you're gonna be controlling every aspect of it, you dont get fun, you get prison and a boring life. Go out of the way, let your feelings lead you, and you'd never enjoy life anymore better.

This holidays is already planning to be just that. So i shall live my next 4 months, do as i wish, no one controls me, not even my brains. I really sense my brain is taking its holiday of its own, i barely use it now, just to come up with humour jokes or minor stuff. But, i really feel lightheaded, NO, not due to alcohol but to the ease in stress, pressure and work.

But asusual, the learning continues... as of now, things i wanna work on,
improving brain power, stamina, focus, discipline in studying, and on ways not to loose momentum. I also need to work on the not sleeping more than 3 hours unwritten rule before each exam, this is not how i want to do my exams. I wanna enjoy it too... Not suffer pain by lack of sleep, but instead to enjoy it. As i have always done... I need to come up with a way before my JC3 (next sem) exams on how im gonna get the sleep in before each paper. This cant go on for 4 more years...
That was just an insight to my dear friends whom have ever so frequently asked how do i manage to perform in exams. Guys, its not about before the exams that matters the most, its working on it after your exams that counts. Learn from what was a mistake and improve on what could have been better. Come up with a plan before the new semester, plan for it during the holidays with your own sweet time and leave it all to god as the semester starts and execute the plan, if things are going wrong, dont worry, try your best to save the plunge to limit damage, but if you cant, no worries, just learn it on after the exam wave passes by.
If you actually read all the way to here, you're awesome. And i love you for it.

PS: i dont know why, yiyun texted me from manchester at 12pm asking me the boundaries of the Anatomical Snuff box... The muscles. Hmm, i wonder what is she up to in Manchester? Revising? whatever it is, shes got loads of explaining to do when she gets back, for sure.

Small things that amazed me during the anti-social periods...


My friends signing and playing songs to release stress a few days before the exams... They were that affected.


Group MCQs round 2, 2 weeks before the Finals:

This is how we worked it, projection.

Points to note:1. The number of laptops
2. The serious faces of most of them
3. The sub groups that were formed
4. Yi yun and darren whom seem to be soo high...
(blame it on the exam stress shall we, yun? darren?)

Our CC History Taking sessions, One of it as below:

Tag: Ken Wai, Darren, Elijah and Me.

Effects of Exam 1: My Roommate, Ken.

My roommate half asleep or fully asleep, even im not sure...
Things to note: 1. Proteosome, protein
2. Hand Pain, cannot use hand, need one more hour sleep
3. The text book say so
4. You told me the answer not in notes, is it?

One Life, One Love, Enjoy Every Bit of it- I dont need to justify this statement in THIS post, its all about it. Living.

1 comment:

  1. hola amigo! haha the reason why i texted u askin abt the boundaries of the anatomical snuffbox was cos i got into this minor disagreement with this dude from manchester who was so adament that there was no such thing as an extensor pollicis longus. -____- yeaahh...
    i wasn't studying, i swear! =p

    ReplyDelete