This blog serves a purpose- to share my experiences, knowledge, travels, and personal views with my family, friends and also to rest of the world. Life has been a roller coaster of a ride so far, but the journey i have embarked on is certainly proving to be a great one. The article is no where near complete, therefore you are most welcomed to sail with me. Consider this my personal diary, opened to you. Enjoy the ride- of Life and its Beauty.

March 23, 2009

A Caelo Usque Ad Centrum

From the sky to the center, Thats what the title means. And yes, this post is about it.

Woke up to a Sunday morning, under a nice weather, beautiful looking sun, mild cold but strong winds, and went to shoot some arrows (eventhough it was as Early as 10 AM!! phew, damn early they set their trainings for a Sunday). And boy oh boy, it turned out to be something i really like.


Tyson (who scored a very high score in his first Intravarsities) took me to the store room and got me my first box of bow and arrows, then he went through the parts with me and showed me how to assemble it. The Thing (the Bow) looked soo cool man!!! B.E.A.U.T.F.U.L. That got me excited for my training which about to start in a while.



A senior archer, Zul thought me how to shoot, and he was very friendly. A perfect teacher. I learned quick, or maybe, there wasnt much to learn. lol. Kept shooting, from the time Zul said Lines Open, till he said Lines Closed. It was fun.



The sound of the arrow hitting the target...oohh...soo nice.... enjoyed each and every shot.
UNTILLL i started getting hit by the back end of the arrows as it left my bow. Im still a learner, soon i wont be bruising myself up in no time. im sure. :)






Came back all bruised, but it was fun. Im proud i tried something new, and that i love.
(the bruises subsided as the day progressed, by night, it looked almost normal, just a little red, but the pain in the elbow has still been there till today.)

PS: One arm guard wasnt enough, next week, im going for Two! one for the wrist one for the elbow...hehehe. Better safe than sorry. :)



One Life, One Love, Enjoy Every Bit of it- Especially when you have deadly weapons. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment