This blog serves a purpose- to share my experiences, knowledge, travels, and personal views with my family, friends and also to rest of the world. Life has been a roller coaster of a ride so far, but the journey i have embarked on is certainly proving to be a great one. The article is no where near complete, therefore you are most welcomed to sail with me. Consider this my personal diary, opened to you. Enjoy the ride- of Life and its Beauty.

November 11, 2008

Exams and Elections

Its a Tuesday night, i have my card signing this coming Friday on the Abdomen, and what am i doing? i hear you say "you should be studying...!" but unfortunately friends, at the moment, i am not studying. i was playing some simple online game on cartoon network. Dont ask how did i end up there.
I just didn't know what to do... just ended up playing it. it gets your mind off things i should say.

Sides the cardsigining, i have another exam this weekend. it will compromise of EVERYTHING we have studied to date. Yes, All subjects, all Modules!!! and guess wat! the exam consists of 10 questions only, yes guys, 10, you read me right. and they are all MCQs! lol. how weird is that? it carries very few percentage, just like the cardsigning, but well we have to study for it. Thats how things here in RC work, little marks, alot of exams, still making you study. ;)
Its an online test, id have 3 attempts at it over the weekend. I can discuss or refer to book as i can do it from home also! But there is a very strict time limit i heard. so, still have to study for that too. In short, alot of studing is to be done... ALOT!
after the weekend, id be taking a well deserved day off i guess, im going crazy! brains getting lazy...

Just now in the evening, i had my Hand-Over meeting with the seniors and the new committee of PMCSA-RCSI. Yes people, i stood for elections for the Events Coordinator post, and i won. well lets not say won, but instead i got the post. This is because i didn't run against anyone. Nevertheless i had to prepare my personal statement and also my speech to address the members during the AGM. i believe i pulled through the speech, was kinda shaken as i had a nice long speech written for 2 mins, and 30 mins before show time, we (candidates) we're told that our speech should be within 1 to 1.5 mins. so i cut half of it out at last minute. a crowd of 80 would have turned up i say. It was held in our main lecture theater, O' Flannagan Theater.

I wish i competed against someone, but what can i do about it... still, nevertheless dont assume it was a walk over for me, i had to get a majority of people saying a 'yes' to me. Yes friends, for the posts that didn't have battles, the voters must choose a Yes or No. Oh, i forgot to mention, the voting was to be done Online on our RCSI webpage by PMCSA members over the weekend. our personal statements were uploaded for the members to download and read.

I got an astonishing 91% of voters saying a yes to me. Feel very at home with the other new committee members, all are a bunch of cool funny people who know how to get things done at the same time.

As Events Coordinator, i supposed to be in charge and overlook all the events. I wanted to get the first event under me, instead of giving it to other people to lead the project. But unfortunately, i cant do so. The first event is the arrival of the Secretary General of Malaysian Higher Education this Thursday night(two more days), who'd be coming to RCSI and give a speech to the whole Malaysian students here in Dublin. I would be more than delighted to be responsible for it, but i have my cardsigning this Friday, i.e. in less than 12 hours from the Event. Thankfully, i have dear Rachel to be the project manager for this, working alongside our president to get this event done. As i am Events, i offered myself to assist Rachel in any possible way to the committee and her, I really wanted to take charge of this... but sigh, circumstances are such. Thanks Rachel, and Mehul- for being soo understanding. :)

Anyway, id get my duty as events coord done started before that. I am the project manager for the PMC Farewell, which is a very big Event in college i was told, held for the second time only, involving many societies and all students. Fine Dining concept, all formal with music and performances. Boy oh boy, i cant wait to get started on it. My first meeting would be tomorrow with the other societies and i'll be attending that with Arthur, the Vice Chairperson. This is a joint event by a few societies such as the Hamilton Society (which organize events) and also the Student Union of RCSI itself.
The budget is pretty high, that then shows how big of an event this is going to be. :)
-cant wait-

Okay then, i'd like to congratulate those who won the elections, to manage a population of 200++ members...


President Mehul Kumar Narendra Kumar

Vice President Arthur Lau Chin Heang

Secretary Evelyn Aun Su-yin

Tresurer Edvyn Andy Wongso

IT Officer Kevinder Singh

PR Officer Carl Jesudas Samuel

Sports Coordinator Melissa Johari Chan

First Year Rep Rachel Nge Sing Wei


Second Year Rep Kingsley Kuan Koon Ong


Congrats guys! looking forward to working alongside with you all! :)

Friends, I am sorry as i am unable to have pictures of the election At the moment. will try get hold of them and then post it up. i was too nervous for my speech that i couldn't take pictures with my phone. ;)

Okay, i think next i'm going to go have a shower or something and hopefully hit the books, or at least the bed. Tmrw i have only one Clinical Competencies class for an hour... sides that its all studying, for Friday's cardsigining. Thursday, i don't think so i have a class. or at worst i think only one class. so i hope i'm more than prepared for Friday and also the MCQs over the weekend.

Till my next, Hope Alls good back at Malaysia.
Friends, get skype and add me... miss ya'll!

Gan...

No comments:

Post a Comment