This blog serves a purpose- to share my experiences, knowledge, travels, and personal views with my family, friends and also to rest of the world. Life has been a roller coaster of a ride so far, but the journey i have embarked on is certainly proving to be a great one. The article is no where near complete, therefore you are most welcomed to sail with me. Consider this my personal diary, opened to you. Enjoy the ride- of Life and its Beauty.

August 7, 2008

HELP A Levels Annual Ball - Prom

Okay, this is a waaaaay overdue post.
But since it was ages ago, let me make it as short as possible and focus on the main events of the day only aite.
Okay, Before that, i had an Interview at Penang Medical College in Penang itself (yes, in Penang!). Which was the same morning as my prom, so after finishing the Interview, i was in a rush to get back to KL. But the thing was, parents had to run some errands for grandparents because they stayed alone and have no transportation. So, yeah, was patient. Afterall i had to leave Penang latest by 1pm only(interview finished at 11). But in the end, we were a little late in departing Penang, and then en route to KL, my dads Civic gave some overheating problems, so dad drove slowly with high caution.
Okay, so i woke up at one point of the journey and saw the time, it was 6.00pm, and we were just about to enter KL. The prom was scheduled at 7pm! I knew i couldn't get back to Kajang to freshen up at that point. So where did i resort to? R&R sg. Buloh. yes, a R&R. Did the best to get as fresh as possible after a hard fought interview and a long journey from the North in the R&R. (Thank god i brought my Coat suit and tie..otherwise i was soo dead) Can you believe i used a tissue to dry my hair? my towel was stuck deep in luggage, so was my hair wax.
ok then, arrived before quite a number of my friends to KL Hilton (to my surprise), The Venue of the Prom. Didn't recognize my classmates for a second when i entered the Lobby (don't blame me, everyone looked more beautiful and dashing than usual!). And yeah, i was tired too, but put on the best smile i could and pushed it through the whole day.
So friends came at 7pm, registered, and moved on to our tables. Started camwhoring that very second onwards.
Then came the food, which was okay in general, the scallops wasn't too good. sides that, everything, great!
The Hosts did their thing, and performances went well, and the selection of the prom king and queen was quite fun too. The hosts certainly made the event lively. They are from Hitz and Mix if im not mistaken.
Okay, moving on, throughout the night, there was alot of flashbulbs flashing, some even caused blinding effects. Anyway, i managed to snap a shot with everyone of my friends i think, Almost la. Some mates left early, regretted not being able to take with them. But was happy with the Number of pictures taken. I have to say though, i wasn't happy with the Quality of the pictures, i looked tired or weird in most of the pics, some i failed to smile! can you believe that!
Then came the dancing, i don't know what got into me, i just dance the shit out of me (released A Levels Stress you think? Maybe. haha). That was fun. I didn't know it would have been That fun! okay, that drained out the last bit of energy in me. Was Flat after that, and i had to drive back all the way to Kajang. Considering these circumstances, i pulled out of the After Prom party, and headed home, so did most of my classmates. Its a little disappointing i know, but considering the Long day i had, i was pretty satisfied with getting home, and skipping the After Prom events.
Oh, and as you'd have noticed, i attended the prom single, without a date that is. Sad? Thats what most of those whom i told my prom story to said la. Well, It would have been greater to have attended it with a date im sure, but i still had fun, loads! And considering my hectic pre-prom events, i doubt i could have made my date's day even if i had one. From the picking up to the night full of energy and fun. As i was late for prom itself And tired, thus my date would have suffered (IF i had one in the first place). Oh, I doubt anyone really noticed i was tired. a good actor i can be eh? hehe. Yeah, that was as short as possible i could speak on my prom.

Below are Handpicked pics for this blog, some appearing on my public profile for the first time. Choose them Specifically because some might have seen my Facebook pics. :)




The setting at KL Hilton


The romantic touch to it...sadly, i was dateless as mentioned above. =p


Before going into the Grand Ballroom


At My table with best bros.


My Awesome classmates!!!

Best dish of the day! :) (dessert)

Best bros too.


Tim- Partner in Crime

Carmen


Claudia

Xin Wen



The Pretty ladies of my class A 49 (B)


Then to the dance floor, of came the coat, of came the tie and down came a few buttons later on. ;)
That sums up the great day!



All in all, this prom was great, better than my previous High School one. Very much. Thanks guys for making the prom a memorable one, which Justifies our Year and a half together which was full of Good memories.
ok then, will blog on the next happening as soon as possible. stay tuned.

PS: I'd like to thank my bro for bringing the car and parking it at Brickfields and giving me the car keys, thanks dear bro!
And to ALL my classmates and friends, You All Looked Beautiful- Ladies (i was mentally tired to complement then itself, but i really wanted to already. sigh), Guys- All looked dashing!
Cheers.

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment